A portrait of some of our current and former Japan anthropology zemi students at the 2009 American Anthropological Association meeting in Philadelphia.
From left to right, back to front:
- Karen Nakamura (2001): Disability in Japan
- Nathaniel Smith (2010): Right Wing Groups in Japan
- Sarah Le Baron von Bayer (2014): Brazilians in Japan
- Allison Alexy (2008): Divorce in Japan
- Annie Claus (2014): Okinawa in Japan
Missing from this portrait are William Kelly (1980): Baseball in Japan, Ellen Rubinstein (2012): Hikikomori in Japan, and Elizabeth Miles (2010 M.A.): Masculinity in Japan .